Francesco Pavani, Principal Investigator
At the University of Trento, Francesco is Associate Professor of of Experimental Psychology at the Center for Mind Brain Sciences (CIMeC), where he leads the Cognition Across the Senses (CAtS) laboratory. His interest for multisensory processes, attention and space perception is primarily applied in two domains: (1) cognition in deaf and hearing-impaired people; (2) own body perception. Francesco is currently Head of the PhD Program in Cognitive and Brain Sciences at CIMeC. He is also a member of the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science.
At the Centre de Recherche en Neuroscience de Lyon (CNRL), he is a member of the Integrative Multisensory Perception Action and Cognition Team (IMPACT) where he coordinates an the ANR funded project VIRTUALHEARING3D.
My complete CV is available here.
Mara Mazzurega, Post-Doc Researcher
Mara is holds a post-doctoral fellowship sponsored by the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto (CARITRO). Her research interest are in body perception and social psychology. In particular, she is currently working on a project entitled "The weight of others" aimed at understanding the way in which social comparisons affect body perception.
Luca Artesini, Ph.D Student
Luca is PhD student (XXXI cycle) at CIMeC. He is interested in the mechanisms of plasticity in people with hearing loss and in deaf people with a cochlear implant. In particular, he is studying language comprehension and development in deaf people with an unilateral/bilateral CI, using (1) behavioral measures of language comprehension (2) EEG measures of language processing. He spent 5 months at the University of Colorado at Boulder (supervised by Prof. Albert Kim and in collaboration with Prof. Anu Sharma) where he started a project with young unilateral/bilateral CI users mainly focused on visual language-related ERPs.
Giuseppe Rabini, Ph.D Student
Giuseppe is PhD student (XXXII cycle) at CIMeC. He is interested in the neurocognitive mechanisms that subtend learning of mappings between auditory cues and coordinates in external space.
Chiara Valzolgher, Graduate student (Internship)
Chiara joined the lab in 2015 for her Master thesis, which she obtained with honors in July 2016. In October 2016 she started a 1-year internship in the lab on a project on a temporal processing in deaf people (in collaboration with Monica Gori and Claudio Campus at IIT).
Silvia Turri, Master Student
Silvia joined the lab on September 2016, she is currently working on a project on the influence of external spatiotemporal cues on the acoustic spatial attention in a multi-talker environment, both in people with normal hearing and in cochlear implant users.
Previous lab members
- Benedetta Heimler (currently at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
- Luigi Tamè (currently at Birkbeck College, UK)
- Davide Bottari (currently at Hamburg University, Germany)
- Elena Nava (currently at Università di Milano Bicocca, Italy)
- Maria Luisa Dematté (currently at Università di Padova, Italy)
Master students and internships (since 2015)
- Mara Dighero (master thesis and internship; 2015-2017)
- Ilaria Di Nunzio (master thesis and internship; 2015-2017)
- Giulia Curti (master thesis and internship; 2015-2017)
- Valeria Giannelli (internship; 2016-2017)
- Riccardo Nicoli (master thesis; 2015-2016)
- Irene Laudanna (internship; 2015-2016)
- Laura Facci (master thesis and internship; 2015-2017)
- Silvia Scarozza (master thesis and internship; 2014-2016)
- Jlenia Marisa (master thesis and internship; 2014-2016)