The Per2Con people
Manuela Piazza (Principal Investigator)
Manuela is a cognitive neuroscientist interested in the relation between perception and higher-level language-based cognition. She is Full Professor at the University of Trento, and Coordinator of the Master in Cognitive and Brain Sciences at CIMeC. She is also member of the CIMeC Doctoral School.
Check Google Scholar profile.
Alireza Karami (PhD student)
Alireza's PhD project is to characterize the spatiotemporal dynamics underlying the emergence of the representation of numerosity in the human brain. His project involves fMRI-MEG data fusion as well as computational modelling.
Elena Eccher (PhD student co-supervision with G.Vallortigara)
Elena's PhD project is to investigate the neuronal bases of the representation of numerosity and the links between number and space in human infants. Her project involves EEG on newborns and inftnts in the first months of life.
Anna Burato (Master student)
Anna works on a project using fMRI and MEG to investigate the neural representation of numerosity in the human brain resolved in space and time.
Cecilia Comoli (Master student)
Cecilia works on a project using behavioural measures for investigating hemispheric asymmetries for reading and face processing
- @CIMeC -IT: Raffaella Bernardi (CIMeC Language and Vision Group)
- @CIMeC -IT: Giorgio Vallortigara
- @CIMeC -IT: Marco Buiatti
- @UNIPD -IT: Marco Zorzi
- @NEUROSPIN -FR: Stanislas Dehaene
- @NEUROSPIN -FR: Evelyn Eger
- @LPP Paris- FR: Veronique Izard
- @University of Illinois -USA: Daniel Hyde
- @Harvard University -USA: Liz Spelke
Alumni (ex PhD/Post-Doc)
- Simone Viganò PhD (now Post-Doc @ Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences. Leipzig, DE)
- Gisella Decarli PhD (now Post-Doc fellow @ CNRS, Paris, FR)
- Pedro Pinhero-Chagas PhD (now Post-doc fellow @ Stanford Medical Scool, USA)
- Valentina Borghesani PhD (now Post-doc fellow @ UCSF, San Francisco, USA)
- Qing Cai Post-Doc (now PI @ NYU Shanghai, PRC)
- Lola DeHevia Post-Doc (now PI @ CNRS Paris, FR)
- Andre Knops Post-Doc (now PI @ CNRS Paris, FR)
- Alessandro Chinello PhD (now Research Project Coordinator @ Fondazione IRCCS Cà Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milano, IT)
- Susanna Revkin PhD (now lecturer @ FH- Campus Wien, A)
Simone Offer - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Arianna Cavagna - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Samuele Bolotta - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Martina Zanotto - PROJECT: Number and space processing in dyscalculia
Vittoria Scuderi - PROJECT: Multiple object individuation in infants
Maria Ravera - PROJECT: Neural signature of number processing in newborns