The Per2Con group
Manuela Piazza (Principal Investigator)
Manuela is a cognitive neuroscientist interested in how the brain supports learning symbols (words, numbers) and more generally in the relation between perception and higher-level cognition. She is Associate Professor at the University of Trento, where she teaches both at the Cognitive Science Faculty, and at the Master in Cognitive and Brain Sciences at CIMeC. She is also member of the CIMeC Doctoral School.
Check Google Scholar profile.
Simone Viganò (Post-Doc)
Simone is interested in learning and memory, and he is currently investigating the cortical mechanisms underlying the emergence of newly learnt conceptual spaces in the brain using fMRI.
Alireza Karami (PhD student)
Alireza's PhD project is to characterize the spatiotemporal dynamics underlying the emergence of the representation of numerosity in the human brain. His project involves fMRI-MEG data fusion, as well as computational modelling.
Donatella Zingaro (Master Student)
Donatella is working on a project investigating the longitudinal predictors of early numeracy in young children.
Valerio Rubino (Master Student)
Valerio is working on a project investigating fMRI signatures of spatial codes during navigation in semantic spaces.
Undergraduate Trainees (2017-current)
Chiara Di Domenico - PROJECT: The neural foundations of logical thinking
Marlen Gironimi - PROJECT: Symbolic vs. non-symbolic categorical learning
Simone Offer - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Arianna Cavagna - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Giulia Sganzerla - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Samuele Bolotta - PROJECT: Cortical competition during reading acquisition
Martina Zanotto - PROJECT: Number and space processing in dyscalculia
Vittoria Scuderi - PROJECT: Multiple object individuation in infants
Maria Ravera - PROJECT: Neural signature of number processing in newborns
- @CIMeC: Raffaella Bernardi (CIMeC Language and Vision Group)
- @CIMeC: Giorgio Vallortigara
- @CIMeC: Marco Buiatti
- @UNIPD: Marco Zorzi
- @NEUROSPIN: Stanislas Dehaene
- @NEUROSPIN: Evelyn Eger
- @LPP Paris: Veronique Izard
- @University of Illinois: Daniel Hyde
Alumni (ex PhD/Post-Doc)
- Gisella Decarli (now Post-Doc fellow @ University of Padova, IT)
- Pedro Pinhero-Chagas (now Post-doc fellow @ Stanford Medical Scool, USA)
- Valentina Borghesani (now Post-doc fellow @ UCSF, San Francisco, USA)
- Qing Cai (now PI @ NYU Shanghai, PRC)
- Lola DeHevia (now PI @ CNRS Paris, FR)
- Andre Knops (now PI @ CNRS Paris, FR)
- Alessandro Chinello (now Research Project Coordinator @ Fondazione IRCCS Cà Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milano, IT)
- Susanna Revkin (now lecturer @ FH- Campus Wien, A)