BROWN BAG SEMINAR - 21st Feb.
BROWN BAG SEMINAR - 20th March.
HANDBOOK ON IN-WORK POVERTY
There has been a rapid global expansion of academic and policy attention focusing on in-work poverty, illustrating that across the world there are increasing numbers of people who could be described as the 'working poor [more]
Ugo Trivellato, Il Welfare del Trentino tra impegno riformatore e avvisaglie di controriforma, Menabò di Etica e Economia n. 77
The CSIS research unit operates in the framework of the general strategies of the Department of Sociology and Social Research of the University of Trento. Its main objective is the promotion and coordination of initiatives of theoretically driven empirical research, focusing on social Inequalities, their relation to institutions and their change over time and across generations.
We apply a comparative and interdisciplinary approach dealing with the analysis of the distribution and the perception of inequalities in the following fields:
- welfare and the political system
- employment and the labour market
- families and demographic change
We aim at:
- strengthen the intra- and interdisciplinary cooperation among social experts dealing with the above topics, at local, national and above all international level, also with the objective of favouring the development and the dissemination of innovative methodologies in the field of social research;
- activate and consolidate a network of national and international relationships, on the basis of the already ongoing cooperations
- provide skills and knowledge acquired throughout the research activities to the interested stakeholders (Departments, Centres, public institutions and private organisations);
- organise seminars for students, PhD students, professors, social parts and citizens: http://r.unitn.it/en/soc/csis/brown-bag-seminars