News & Upcoming Events
10th May 2023: Lectio Magistralis of the PhD School in Social Sciences by Herman G. Van De Werfhorst (EUI).
Selected Recent Publications
Zamberlan, A., Gritti, D., Grotti, R., Scherer, S. & Barbieri. P. (2023). Labour market entry and early careers of immigrants in Italy: Finally in but never established?. Post-school Pathways of Migrant-Origin Youth in Europe. Routledge.
Zamberlan, A., & Barbieri, P. (2023). A ‘potential motherhood’ penalty? A longitudinal analysis of the wage gap based on potential fertility in Germany and the United Kingdom. European Sociological Review.
Aradhya, S., Grotti, R., & Härkönen, J. (2023). Unemployment persistence among second-generation immigrants. European Sociological Review.
Gioachin, F., Marx, I., & Scherer, S. (2023). Stratification of poverty risk: The importance of social class in four European countries. Social Science Research.
Ghirardi, G., Baier, T., Kleinert, C., & Triventi, M. (2022). Is early formal childcare an equalizer? How attending childcare and education centres affects children’s cognitive and socio-emotional skills in Germany. European Sociological Review.
Vitali, A., & Fraboni, R. (2022). Pooling of wealth in marriage: The role of premarital cohabitation. European Journal of Population.
The CSIS research unit operates in the framework of the general strategies of the Department of Sociology and Social Research of the University of Trento. Its main objective is the promotionof theoretically driven empirical research, focusing on social Inequalities, their relation to institutions and their change over time and across generations. The research unit is coordinated by Prof. Paolo Barbieri.
We apply a comparative and interdisciplinary approach dealing with the analysis of the distribution and the perception of inequalities in the following fields:
- Welfare and the political system
- Employment and the labour market
- Families and demographic change
We aim at:
- strengthen the intra- and interdisciplinary cooperation among social experts dealing with the above topics, at local, national and above all international level, also with the objective of favouring the development and the dissemination of innovative methodologies in the field of social research;
- activate and consolidate a network of national and international relationships, on the basis of the already ongoing cooperations
- provide skills and knowledge acquired throughout the research activities to the interested stakeholders (Departments, Centres, public institutions and private organisations);
- organise seminars for students, PhD students, professors, social parts and citizens;