7th October: Marta Pasqualini - Brown Bag Seminar
11th November: Ariane Bertogg - Brown Bag Seminar
Brini, E., Lenko, M., Vitali, A., Scherer. S. (forthcoming). Re-traditionalisation? Work patterns of families with children during the pandemic in Italy. Demographic Research
Corti, G., & Scherer, S. (2021). Mating Market and Dynamics of Union Formation. European Journal of Population.
Sage L, Albertini M, Scherer S (2021) The spreading of SARS-CoV-2: Interage contacts and networks degree distribution. PLOS ONE 16(8)
Watson, D., Grotti, R., Whelan, C.T. and Maitre, B. (2021) Welfare Regime Variation in the Impact of the Great Recession on Deprivation Levels: A Dynamic Perspective on Polarisation vs Convergence for Social Risk Groups, 2005–2014 in Journal of Social Policy
Kowalewska, H., and Vitali, A. (2020) Breadwinning or On the Breadline? Female Breadwinners’ Economic Characteristics across 20 Welfare States in Journal of European Social Policy.
Bernardi, F., and; Triventi, M. (2020) Compensatory advantage in educational transitions in Italy: trivial or substantial? A simulated scenario analysis in Acta Sociologica, 63 (1) , 40-62.
Matteazzi, E. and Scherer, S. (2020) Gender Wage Gap and the Involvements of Partners in Household Work, in Work, Employment and Society, 1-19
Cutuli, G., and; Grotti, R. (2020). Heterogeneity in unemployment dynamics:(un) observed drivers of the longitudinal accumulation of risks, in Research in Social Stratification and Mobility, 67, 100494.
The CSIS research unit operates in the framework of the general strategies of the Department of Sociology and Social Research of the University of Trento. Its main objective is the promotion and coordination of initiatives of theoretically driven empirical research, focusing on social Inequalities, their relation to institutions and their change over time and across generations.
We apply a comparative and interdisciplinary approach dealing with the analysis of the distribution and the perception of inequalities in the following fields:
- Welfare and the political system
- Employment and the labour market
- Families and demographic change
We aim at:
- strengthen the intra- and interdisciplinary cooperation among social experts dealing with the above topics, at local, national and above all international level, also with the objective of favouring the development and the dissemination of innovative methodologies in the field of social research;
- activate and consolidate a network of national and international relationships, on the basis of the already ongoing cooperations
- provide skills and knowledge acquired throughout the research activities to the interested stakeholders (Departments, Centres, public institutions and private organisations);
- organise seminars for students, PhD students, professors, social parts and citizens: http://r.unitn.it/en/soc/csis/brown-bag-seminars